NEET 2019 – Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Examination Conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|Purpose of examination||Admission to medical, dental and AYUSH , courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
|Counselling||15% all India seats across medical institutions in the country|
What’s new in NEET 2019?
- NEET 2019 application dates have been revised. The new extended date to apply for NEET 2019 is December 7 while the last date to pay the fee is December 8, 2018
- The upper age limit has now been removed. According to the Supreme Court Directive, NTA has issued a notification to this effect. The details can be seen below
- While guidelines for PwD candidates more or less remain the same, NTA has issued a notification with links to the MCI website for the same. It has also mentioned that any corrections due to changes in these guidelines will have to be addressed during the NEET 2019 application correction window starting from January 14. See below
- The shift timing of NEET 2019 has been changed. The exam will start at 2.00 PM and will be conducted till 5.00 PM.
- A total of 4 exam centres must be chosen by candidates while filling in the application form.
- A new website has been launched for NEET by NTA – ntaneet.nic.in. The application form of NEET has been released on this new website.
- Aadhaar card is not mandatory for NEET registrations.
- NEET video lectures 2019 by IIT professors and subject experts has been released by NTA for clarifying the concepts of the particular subject.
- NTA has also provided the facility of NEET test practice centres for better preparations.
- The conducting body of NEET 2019 is the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- NEET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode only.
- The examination of NEET 2019 will be conducted once a year.
- The previous changes introduced in NEET have been retracted and NEET remains a single window entrance-cum-eligibility exam.